Dog Collars With Remote
The introduction of a dog training collar to the dog is to benefit dog and owner. Dog obedience is not a natural skill set that our dogs are born with, but one that comes through a strong bond, proper care and a training.
We carry most of popular brands Garmin, Dogtra, Num'axes, PAC and some Innotek, PetSafe, SportDOG amongst other brands of dog training collars. There’re no one training collar to suit all dog breeds and situations, from companion dogs (close range), to in the yard (short range), out in the paddock and field (mid and long range), mustering and hunting (extra long range), that's why we carry different brands and range of products.
Our close and short range remote dog trainers usually have a range from 100 metres and up to 400 metres. Benefits include water-resistant or waterproof collars, and battery powered or rechargeable dog training collars. For more range, consider a medium to long range working dog training collar. Many of these systems are designed for working dogs for outdoor used. They have a longer range from 400m to 800m range. The majority of these systems feature waterproof and rechargeable collars.
The extra long range dog training collars have range from 1200 to 1600 metres, they are tough and durable for mustering or hunting conditions.
How to use a dog training collar and maximise your results: The first thing you need to know is that these systems are not designed purely as a discipline tool. When looking at training collar, always consider the setting in which you are going to use the collar, your dog’s personality and temperament. With this in mind, where possible, we recommend that you follow the following steps:
1. Read through and follow all manufacturer’s instructions
2. Fit the training collar properly onto your dog
3. Start the training in a yard, with the remote control at the lowest level press the continuous button when your dog misbehaves. If no response, go up a level and press the continuous button again. Continue this process until you see the dog receive a little niggle. This is your training reinforcement level.
4. Once this level is set: you press the continuous button, give a command, as the dog responds release the button, praise the dog on completion of the task. The dog will then realise by obeying they can remove the niggle and be rewarded. Your dog will now look to you more for direction and reassurance.
5. If the dog is displaying unwanted behaviour, simply press the boost button for a second and give no verbal command. The dog associates the stronger correction with the behaviour.
Deciding on the right collar for your situation is important, so we have categorised the dog training collars into the Close, Short, Medium, Long and Extra Long ranges to lend a hand with this process. Please contact our friendly staff for further assistance in choosing the right dog training system for your dog and your situation.