Gentle Leader Headcollar Black - Small/Medium/Large
Gentle Leader Head Collar Black designed to discourage your dog from pulling and to make the walking experience both positive for you and your dog. The head collar is not a muzzle but when fitted correctly a simple walking device to stop them pulling. It offers a fast, gentle and effective way to control unwanted behaviors without harsh methods or devices.
The Gentle Leader Head Collar is often referred to as 'The 10 minute attitude adjuster'. This is the recommended method of training your dog to walk without pulling or jumping up, in conjunction with positive reinforcement.
A fast, gentle and effective way to control unwanted behaviors in dogs without harsh methods or devices.
- Two soft nylon straps with the collar section sitting high at the top of the neck.
- The nose loop fits loosely and comfortably across the base of the snout with each strap.
- The nose straps main function applies gentle pressure.
- The collar strap at the back simulates the interaction.
- Puts pet-parents in control of the leash.
- Safe Solution for Pulling: Immediately, gently and safely controls unwanted behaviors like excessive leash pulling, barking, lunging and jumping.
- Helps your dog to learn to walk with you not ahead of you
- Prevents Jumping
- Easy to carry.
To find the correct size head collar for your dog you would need to know your dogs weight, though if your breed of dog is known to have a larger or smaller head then average you may need to use an alternative size. The head collars are adjustable to fit a wide variety of sizes.
- Small: 5-10kg - Fits dogs and puppies that will have an adult weight of 5-10 kilograms. Includes toy breeds and small dogs with a narrow, small muzzle, e.g. Toy Poodle, Dachshund, Bichon, Small Sheltie, Pomeranian, Shih-Tzu, Basenji, Fox Terrier, Jack Russell, Beagle.
- Medium: 10-27kg - Fits dogs and puppies that will have an adult weight of 10-27 kilograms, as well as small dogs with a broad muzzle, e.g. Cocker, Springer, Brittany, Collie, Beagle, Airedale, Australian Shepherd, Samoyed, Norwegian Elkhound, Kelpie, Pointer, Blue Heeler. Maximum neck measurement: 40cm.
- Large: 30-55kg - Fits larger dogs that will have an adult weight of more than 30 kilograms, and some dogs under 30 kilos with larger heads. Examples: Basset, Golden, Lab, German Shepherd, Doberman, Shar Pei, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Old English Sheepdog, Malamute, Akita, Great Dane. Maximum neck measurement: 45cm.