Barkmate Ultrasonic Bark Control Device [BM010]
* Detects nuisance barking up to 15 metres away
* Stop your neighbour's dogs barking
* Suits sensitive dog’s with sensitive hearing
* 3 bark detection settings (5m, 10m and 15m)
* Built in LED light indicator
* Durable and water resistant for outdoor use
* Operated by 9V Alkaline Battery
* 1 year warranty
- Detects annoying dog barking up to 15 metres away
- Great for neighbour's nuisance barking dogs!
- Discreet appearance ( Looks like a garden ornament)
- 3 sensitivity settings
- 4 levels of operation modes
- Durable and waterproof for outdoor use
- Two color LED for good/low battery indication
- Battery operated (1 x 9v alkaline battery, not included)
A solution to stop your dog or your neighbour’s dog from annoying barking.
The Barkmate outdoor ultrasonic bark deterrent features 3 adjustable sensitivity settings. The low setting is able to cover up to a 5 metre area, the medium setting is able to cover up to 10 metres and the high setting is able to cover up to 15 metres. This battery operated, waterproof device is perfect for outdoor use. The device features a built-in metal hanger which allows it to be positioned on a fence, tree etc.
How it Works:
When a barking dog is within 15 metres of the Barkmate Ultrasonic Bark Control device, the microphone Bark Sensor of the device picks up the annoying barking sound. Then it emits a high pitched ultrasonic sound heard by dogs but not by humans. Startled by the high-pitched sound that is safe and effective, the dog should stop barking, as it will associate its bark with this unpleasant noise. When the dog stops barking the ultrasonic sounds also stops. The Barkmate ultrasonic device has 3 sensitivity levels to choose from that indicate what barking level activates the unit and a test mode. This device is great to help to stop neighbour's dog barking. Hang it on or near the neighbours fence!
Installation and Setup:
The Barkmate Outdoor stop barking device should be placed facing the dog and within the range of the dog (Max 15 metres). The unit is designed with provisions for hanging or mounting and should be positioned at a height of no more than 1.5 metres. It can be also placed on the tree, fence, pole, etc. For best results, the area between the Outdoor Bark Control device and the barking dog should be free of any large obstacles.
Testing the Outdoor Bark Control
1. Turn the switch the operation mode to TEST.
3. Say “Woof” loudly towards the Microphone to activate the device.
4. The LED light will flash red and there will be an audible sound to indicate that it is functioning properly.
5. Turn the switch back to Low Sensitivity before you start using the Outdoor Bark Control. Note: The TEST Mode is not intended for normal operation. If the Outdoor Bark Control is left in TEST Mode, it can send false signals and also reduce battery life.
Two Colours LED:
The two colour LED indicator shows good or low battery. Good battery equals 1 flash every 5 seconds with Green LED. Low battery equals 3 flashes every 5 seconds with the Red LED. If there are no LED lights it is time to change the battery. When emitting the ultrasonic sound, the Red LED is solid. When in test mode, the Red LED will flash if battery is low.
Microphone sensor: The sensor to detect barking.
Sound Activated Speaker: Emits the ultrasonic sound.
Switch with 4 Levels of Operation:
Off, Test, Low Sensitivity, Medium Sensitivity and High Sensitivity operation modes.
Always start the Outdoor anti dog barking device on Low Sensitivity and only increase to Medium Sensitivity if the dog does not respond. If the dog does not respond to Medium Sensitivity, increase to High Sensitivity. Turn to the TEST Mode to verify that your Outdoor Bark Control is working properly. Do not use this Mode for normal operation.
|Low||Up to 5m|
|Medium||Up to 10m|
|High||Up to 15m|
Battery: Average battery life is 2 months, depending on how often the dog barks. To conserve battery life, turn to the “OFF” position when the ultrasonic device is not in use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Outdoor Bark Control effective on all dogs?
The product may not work on deaf or hearing impaired dogs or dogs with high motivation or stubborn breeds.
Will the Outdoor Bark Control work for multiple dogs?
Yes, it can be used on multiple dogs within range of the Outdoor Bark Control. However, effectiveness depends on the individual dog and their sensitivity to ultrasonic sound.
Can a dog become desensitized to the ultrasonic sound?
There are some situations where dogs become desensitized. To avoid this, only turn the Outdoor Bark Control on during periods of unwanted barking.
For bigger dogs or more stubborn breeds like Rottweilers or Labradors, we recommend the static bark control option.